Answer: In the United States, a licensed healthcare practitioner needs to write an order before you can purchase an Alpha-Stim. For the rest of the world (outside of the USA), it is available over-the-counter.
Your next question might be, “Who qualifies as a licensed healthcare practitioner?”
Any healthcare practitioner that is licensed to diagnose and treat any of our four FDA cleared indications, including Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression, and/or Pain, can typically write an order for an AS. While the ability for specific practitioners to prescribe or order Alpha-Stim varies from state to state, here is a list of licensed healthcare practitioners who can typically write you an order:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Psychologist (Masters & PhD)
- Social Worker (LCSW)
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Occupational Therapist (OTR/L)
- Dentist (DDS & DMD)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Physician’s Assistant (PA and PA-C)
- Chiropractor (DC)
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine (DOM)
- Naturopath (ND or NMD)
Follow these simple steps and get started today!
- Download an info sheet with order form.
- Have your doctor or practitioner fill out the form.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 940-328-0888.
- Purchase your device online or over the phone at 1-800-FOR-PAIN.
Give us a call at 1-800-FOR-PAIN and our customer support team will be happy to answer your questions about how to get an Alpha-Stim.