DEPRESSION TREATMENT WITHOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF DRUGS
When you or a loved one is suffering from depression, it’s normal to feel exhausted and helpless. Depression robs you of your interest in the things that once brought you pleasure or happiness. You may be feeling like it’s impossible to care about anything at all.
Depression can make almost any task feel insurmountable – including the task of finding the treatment that is right for you. But there are options; there is help. You CAN feel better.
Your depression treatment should be tailored to fit your own unique preferences and needs. Many people benefit from cognitive behavioral therapy sessions, and your doctor may recommend antidepressant drugs. It’s important to know that these are not your only options. You don’t have to accept the risk of addiction, dangerous side effects, and withdrawal that comes along with prescription drugs. You don’t have to settle for anything less than the best.
Alpha-Stim® is a fast, safe, and effective way to treat your depression – without the side effects of drugs. Get back to living your life to its fullest. There is life without depression, and we can help you get there.
LET NOTHING STOP YOU.™
What is Alpha-Stim?
The Alpha-Stim® AID is a small, FDA cleared, prescription device that uses Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) to alleviate depression. The technology is based on an exclusive patented waveform that’s the most researched and proven of its kind in CES devices.
The waveform passes between two electrodes that you clip on to your earlobes, providing depression treatment without the use of medication by sending a signal to your brain. You are able to set the power level to fit your comfort and many are not able to feel the electrical current at all.
Treatment can be done in the comfort of your own home or while at work and takes just 20 minutes to an hour per day. Over time, you can decrease treatments to every other day, then 2-3 times per week.
After 6 weeks of depression treatment, Alpha-Stim users experienced 43% improvement.1
82% of participants reported a decrease of ≥ 50% or greater in depression scores.2
What is depression?
Sadness affects everyone from time to time. The differences between sadness and depression involve duration and intensity. Depression means intense sadness – including helplessness, hopelessness, and worthlessness – that lasts for several days to weeks.
Left untreated, depression affects your body, emotions, and thoughts. It can lead to:
- Sexual side effects
- Risky behaviors such as drug or alcohol abuse
- Ruined relationships
- Problems at work
- Difficulty overcoming serious illnesses
- Interrupted eating habits
- Distortion of the way you see yourself and others
- Total loss of interest in your life
All of these can lead to serious consequences.
Do I have depression or am I just sad?
Only a licensed professional can diagnose depression. It’s also important to remember that many of the symptoms can be invisible to others.
Many doctors use the symptom criteria for major depressive disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association. You must be experiencing five or more symptoms during the same 2-week period and at least one of the symptoms should be either (1) depressed mood or (2) loss of interest or pleasure.
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings for food and weight gain
- Anxiety, agitation or restlessness
- Slowed thinking, speaking or body movements
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or self-blame
- Trouble concentrating, making decisions and remembering things
- Frequent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts or suicide
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
Are there depression risk factors to look for?
Are there depression risk factors I should look for?
A personal or family history of depression can be a risk factor, as are major life changes, trauma, or stress; and certain physical illnesses or medications, according to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH).
What are the forms of depression?
According to the Harvard Medical School, there are four common types of depression:
- Major depression is a state where a dark mood is all-consuming and one loses interest in activities, even ones that are pleasurable. It is also known as major depressive disorder or clinical depression.
- Persistent depressive disorder refers to low mood that has lasted for at least two years but may not reach the intensity of major depression. Many people with this depression type can function day to day, but are low or joyless much of the time.
- People with bipolar disorder alternate between episodes of depression and periods of high energy or activity.
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) comes when the days get shorter in the fall and winter. Alterations in the body’s natural daily rhythms, the eyes’ sensitivity to light, or in how chemical messengers like serotonin and melatonin function can all be causes.
There are two types of depression that only affect women, associated with reproductive hormones.
- Perinatal depression, also known as postpartum depression, is when depressive episodes occur during pregnancy or in the first year after delivery. It affects up to one in seven women who give birth and can have devastating effects on the women, their infants, and their families.
- PMDD is a severe form of premenstrual syndrome, or PMS.
What about teen depression?
According to the Mayo Clinic, depression in teens can cause significant distress and problems at school or home, in social activities or other areas of life.
If you are a teen or concerned about one, be alert to the changes of behavior below. Any of these may be cause to seek professional help:
- Feelings of sadness, which can include crying spells for no clear reason
- Feeling hopeless or empty
- Irritable mood
- Frustration or feelings of anger, even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in normal activities
- Loss of interest in, or conflict with, family and friends
- Low self-esteem
- Fixation on past failures or exaggerated self-blame or self-criticism
- Extreme sensitivity to rejection or failure, and the need for excessive reassurance
- Ongoing sense that life and the future are grim
- Frequent thoughts of death, dying or suicide
Is there hope? Are there depression treatments that don’t include drugs?
One of the most effective drug-free, non-addictive depression treatments is the Alpha-Stim. It is a small, FDA cleared, prescription device that uses cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES) to treat depression.
To understand how Alpha-Stim works, remember that your brain is one big electrical circuit board. Alpha-Stim uses a unique, patented waveform proven to restore balance to your mind and body. It is the most researched and proven CES device.
The waveform is transmitted through small clips that attach to your earlobes. They send a microcurrent through the brainstem, targeting certain groups of nerve cells. It is non-invasive, not at all painful, and you can use it in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
What people are saying about Alpha-Stim…
“It’s been absolutely amazing. It has surpassed anything that I thought it could do. I laugh again. I smile again. I talk to people again. I would say that I’m a new person but in reality, I am back to who I used to be. That is priceless to me. I use my Alpha-Stim every day and I use it for about 40 minutes. I could never have imagined that it would have such a profound effect on me and my life.” – Emily Chambers
“I want to thank all of you for making the Alpha-Stim available. Within a week of using it, I experienced relief from clinical depression, which has stubbornly resisted treatment for over two years. Until I started using the Alpha-Stim, I had only partial relief with a SSRI antidepressant. Within three days, I noticed my sleep was much improved. Then, I noticed feeling more emotionally resilient. Today, I am almost back to the outgoing, spontaneous person I know myself to be!” – Sue Clark Lindh, Washington, 1999
“My daughter is only 13 years old, and she suffers with a metabolic disorder and biological depression. Due to her metabolic problem, she cannot take medications for pain or anxiety or depression. I found the Alpha-Stim, and doctors agreed with me—it was worth a try! Thanks to treatments with the Alpha-Stim and lots of prayers, our daughter is back in school this year. We feel it helped make a difference!” – Sarah Perich, Florida, 1997
I experienced the worst depression I have ever felt. I never have had depression until now. It’s the worst feeling ever. Makes the days go by so much slower. I went to my doctor, hoping for medicine. Instead he let me try Alpha- Stim. This product ended up being a life changer! It is awesome! – Angie Lamborghini
I suffered from mental fatigue that lead to depression for 8 years. I went to every kind of doctor available, but found no working treatment. When I was recommended the Alpha-Stim treatment, I thought it was going to be another big waste of money and believed it would not work. I was wrong. I now am not hindered mentally and have started living my life to the fullest. This device has been one of the biggest blessings in my life.”
– Griffin McGinley
About 4 years ago, a doctor introduced me to Alpha-Stim. It has absolutely changed my life, and has allowed me to treat my depression without any medications. The effects seem absolutely natural. – Mark Joseph, California
How It Works
Your moods and emotions are controlled through electrochemical signals in your brain. When these signals aren’t functioning properly, the hormones and neurotransmitters that regulate your emotions can become unbalanced. By modulating the brain’s electrochemical signals, you can safely and effectively improve your mood and experience better sleep.
By wearing earclips for 20-60 minutes per day, most users notice some improvement after just 1-3 weeks of depression treatment. Alpha-Stim’s effect is cumulative, meaning each therapy session is potentially more and more effective—so it won’t lose its effect over time, as with many medications.
Alpha-Stim electrotherapy for depresssion is designed to help you avoid or reduce the need for medications, but it is safe to use in conjunction with prescriptions or over-the-counter medications.
Our hospitals are doing some really exciting things to combat chronic pain and take care of our veterans. There are VA hospitals that are using alpha-stimulation devices to treat pain and depression. That’s only going to continue and keep getting better. And we are getting there.
Words fall short in expressing the depth of gratitude I feel toward such an effective treatment available for people, like me, who have suffered from depression and anxiety.
My observation is that Alpha-Stim therapy is as robust as medication treatment; the amazing thing is that there really are no side effects.
Since the Pentagon attack on September 11, 2001, I’ve suffered from anxiety, depression, and insomnia that have made it difficult to function. I now use Alpha-Stim daily, and my life has definitely become more manageable.
Alpha-Stim has helped me immeasurably; my mood is balanced, and I don’t know what I would have done without it.
After 3 months, I feel like a new person. I would recommend Alpha-Stim to anyone suffering from depression or anxiety.
I have been lighthearted and happy …the depression and anxiety are next to nil.
About 4 years ago, a doctor introduced me to Alpha-Stim. It has absolutely changed my life, and has allowed me to treat my depression without any medications. The effects seem absolutely natural.
I have been using the Alpha-Stim for treatment of insomnia and depression. The change in how I feel is amazing; it is like a miracle.
I have been using Alpha-Stim for 9 weeks for depression and anxiety. I have noticed a definite improvement in my mood…I laugh more and am more relaxed.
- Bystritsky A, Kerwin L, Feusner J. A pilot study of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation for generalized anxiety disorder. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2008; 69:412-417. Presented at the American Psychiatric Association meeting, San Francisco, 2009.
- Barclay TH, Barclay RD. A clinical trial of Cranial Electrotherapy Simulation for anxiety and comorbid depression. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2014; 164:171-77. Presented at the American Psychological Association National Conference, Honolulu, July 2013.