TREATING MOOD CONDITIONS
Treat Anxiety, Insomnia, and Depression with the Alpha-Stim® AID
The Alpha-Stim® AID is a drug-free Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) medical device that uses low-level electrical current to safely and effectively treat anxiety, depression, and insomnia. CES was cleared by the FDA in 1992 as a prescriptive, noninvasive treatment. It has an extensive safety record, with few side effects (seen in less than 1% of users and considerable scientific evidence of the significant results patients can achieve.
The Alpha-Stim uses small earclips that provide Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) to treat anxiety, insomnia, and depression. Using a patented waveform, Alpha-Stim is proven safe and effective by more than 100 studies over the past 37 years.
The Foundation: A Patented Waveform
- The only rigorously tested CES waveform designed and refined to improve effectiveness
- Electrotherapy treatment delivers a very low level of current in pulsed microcurrents of less than one milliampere
- Effectively targets cell receptors, activating them through frequency matching in a manner similar to chemical ligands
The Impact: An Electrical Intervention
- The brain functions electrochemically and can be readily modulated by electrical intervention1,2
- Alpha-Stim electrotherapy treatment for depression, anxiety, and insomnia impacts the electrochemical functions of the brain to improve patients’ emotional and physiologic states
- Designed to affect the activity of subcortical brain structures known to regulate emotions
- fMRI studies demonstrate the waveform current changes the appropriate brain structures
Significant Improvement, Quickly, With Lasting Effect
Electroencephalographic studies show:
- Increased alpha activity
- Decreased delta activity
- Decreased beta activity
As the leader in CES therapy, Alpha-Stim has helped clinicians around the world provide fast, safe, and effective relief from anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
VIEW PRODUCT BROCHURE (multilingual options available)
Let us help you get started! To have an Alpha-Stim representative contact you, complete the following form:
We offer free trials to practitioners for in-office use. Typically, an in-office or clinic trial can identify those individuals who readily respond to Alpha-Stim treatment. You or your patients can order from our online store or through your local authorized Alpha-Stim representative.
For more questions or details on special practitioner pricing, contact us at 1-(800) FOR-PAIN (in the US), + (940) 328-0788 (outside the US) or by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also fax your order to us at +(940) 328-0888.
- Heffernan M. Comparative effects of microcurrent stimulation on EEG spectrum and correlation dimension. Integrative Physiological and Behavioral Science. 1996; 31(3):202-209.
- Kennerly R. Changes in quantitative EEG and low resolution tomography following cranial electrotherapy stimulation. PhD Dissertation, the University of North Texas. 2006;529 pp., 81 tables, 233 figures, 171 references.